Thursday, September 9, 2010

You're gonna be a rockstar... Whether you like it or not.

Logan.
I am writing this to you because although we have discussed this on almost a daily basis for a few months now, I wanted to be more formal.

I want to start by reminding you of something that has happened recently that I felt I was a pretty close witness of. Quitting Mountains of California. I remember your slight anxiety and how you felt it was wasting your time and you wanted to move on in your life. I was so happy for you but confused at the same time. I know you love music and it I didn’t understand as to why you would quit your band that was just starting to take off. Your reasons all seemed valid and you seemed happy and you were on your way to grad school.

Then the best thing happened. You told me about a song you had been writing. I knew you couldn’t just leave music high and dry. It’s not in your character at all. I mistook your departure as a complete removal of making music in your life. Boy I was wrong and thank goodness.

I am delighted that I have been able to be a witness to your development of ideas and plan to make an album. You are very talented and I know you can do it. I have told you that over and over but I mean it Logan. Your ideas have so much potential. And your eagerness and motivation is inspirational. Signing up for singing and recording classes shows you are serious.

I implore of you to do a few things.

You have to realize your potential and you are practically there. You know that life is only going to be good if you do what you want for yourself and this is it. Don’t doubt yourself and keep your policy of listening to others opinions. You have a good thing going and it will only get better.

Your dreams of making music your full time gig can be realized. All you need is time. I know it is hard to come by but it will happen. Once you have your songs ready it’s all cars go. Your music can be what drives others to be creative and your live shows are going to rock. Once you get through this stage and can find time, I hope everything will work out and you can really record this stuff and get it sent off. Then come the house party gigs, the contacting radio stations, etc. etc. until you’re playing Coachella.

I am so happy to have been able to watch your progression and this is just this beginning. If you are ever doubting or questioning anything you know I always love to hear your thoughts. I hope to be able to write bass lines good enough for your approval and help you get this rockin and rollin. I am so proud of you.

m.


NOTE: This is my friend Logan who has a great passion for music similar to me. He has been writing songs and I have been writing bass lines for him and will eventually be his manager. We talk daily and I am working on a more formal letter because things have been picking up space and he is getting more and more confident.

1 comment:

  1. I think that your email is very effective. Your thoughts came across clearly; There weren't really any distracting errors. I could tell that you really care about your Friend Logan's success.
    -Good post, and good luck.

    ReplyDelete