Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Show and Tell -World of Dance

As Larry would say from Vegetales, “ I laughed, I cried it moved me Bob.”

These wonderful collections of Dance numbers; brings together the old new and the new old. It also recollected emotion in tranquility with every piece. In dance you see many layers to the deep dish that is presented without a word and what great power there is in that Rhetoric. There’s romanticist moments were there is revolution and change that collaborated to connect.

To some dance can be seen as a form of a text. To others it’s just movement not entertainment. They’re some that like to see things in a Formalistic way and some in a New Historicism. I believe the performers showed forth they’re light and talent of dance through every form of movement; thus catching the motions that move.

For every person has a story, for every story has an expression, and for every expression needs no words. Magical Realism plays a part in the experience that I experience making me ask the question is this real? Yes, but I’m watching a story to the individuals and trying to interpret the creation that is being created in front of my eyes. At times it feels fair tale maybe even a dream from the trance hypnotism of the dance.

3 comments:

  1. I like the overall feeling I got from your essay. I started to get a little confused at the beginning of your essay. I think there are a couple noun and verb disagreements and a few mispelled words like "they're" instead of "their. I really like the line, "For every person has a story, for every story has an expression, and for every expression needs no words."

    I like this line too:
    "Magical Realism plays a part in the experience that I experience making me ask the question is this real?"

    I would suggest adding some punctuation marks to make it clear what you are asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I'm sorry I wrote a novel of a comment on your blog post but I also wanted to say that I adored your way cute introduction :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't apologize the longer the post the better, because that means I can improve even more. And thank you for commenting Jenny.

    ReplyDelete