Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to the cheese fests!

Hey Tom!
I was just thinking about all the times you used to come visit from California and how every time you came we would have cheese fests. I always loved hearing you were coming because I knew exactly what that meant, and you never failed me! Not only did I love the great assortment of cheese that you brought, but I loved the time we spent together as family. Those are some of my favorite childhood memories. The real excitement though was when I found out you were moving to Utah. I was sure that meant that we were going to be having cheese fests left and right; however, I don't think we've had a single one since you've moved here. It makes me sad that you live so close yet it's as if you still live in California; therefore it is my proposal that we get together again and have another cheese fest. I'd offer to bring the cheese, but you always find the most interesting kinds and it's always fun to be surprised by what you will have! I hope that we can find a time soon that we can get together again! I look forward to our next cheese fest!
Love Selea

6 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I love the variety of cheeses available to consumers? Your piece reminds me of a Christmastime family tradition.

    In regards to your letter, you bring up a valid point: many of us live close to friends from home, but we never get together. Bringing nostalgia to the argument is a great technique when trying to persuade a friend; at least it is in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're letter reminds me of something me and my brother do. He got off his mission from Paris and we occasionally have a "crepe fet"; which goes with the cheese fest in your letter. Now that he is married and no longer living with me; we don't get to do it that often.

    Perhaps it would be a good idea to write him a letter trying to persuade him to bring his wife over and relive some of those experiences. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cheese! What a wonderful topic to write about. I know Tom would end up having fun, but just remember to remind the person you are writing to what they will get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm convinced. If you were trying to get me to "return to cheese fest" I'd certainly oblige.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, now I'm really craving cheese and we're out. This was a really great post though. I like how short but convincing this was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with "nbullen" that you should tell him what he'd get out of it, but it was a good persuasive letter. I think you'll get your wish granted.

    ReplyDelete