Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting Matt to come to BYU

Dear Matt,
How’s it going? Anything exciting happen this week? I hope your doing well and that you keep working hard because that will make you happiest.
I’m doing well, but it’s been weird being down here at school with no siblings to keep me company. You’re my only hope of getting a brother to come study at BYU with me so I think you ought to consider coming down here, there are lots of advantages to studying at BYU.
Now, I know what you’re thinking: “I’ve still got over a year left on my mission, I don’t want to worry about that right now!” I know, I understand, that’s why I’m not asking you to worry about it, just to consider it for now.
For one thing, BYU is probably about the best education you can get anywhere for so little money. I know you saved up a lot before your mission, but money is always an issue for college students, and BYU is the best choice as far as finances are concerned.
Another super good thing about being in Provo is that we can get fed by Kenny and Sharon about as much as we want, not to mention other people like the Salomonsons, Iserts and Pages. If you go pretty much anywhere else you won’t know as many people and will be stuck always cooking for yourself, a less than desirable situation.
Most of all though, BYU would be great for you because it is such a great environment for learning. The professors are so dedicated and good, unlike some of the professors we had at CBC together. Plus there a ton of cool people here, you’d make a lot of good new friends.
You have to admit, it would be awesome to study here together. I hope I didn’t make you trunky, but it is important that you plan your future a bit and I think BYU is an important part of your future. Well, have a super week, see ya! Love, Adam

3 comments:

  1. i like the way you started it cause then you showed and interest in him and his well being. I wouldn't doubt that in response he will take what you have to say into deep consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also trying to convince someone to go to BYU and a lot of the points you brought apply to my friend as well, so I'm going to try to use them and hopefully get her to go to BYU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you kind of realized your place as the writer and his as the reader when you said "I know what you're thinking...'I don't want to worry about that right now'...I'm not asking you to worry about it, just to consider it for now." It showed that you know the situation, and you specify exactly what you are trying to say.

    ReplyDelete