Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Love of a Parent is Second to None!!!

Dear Mom and Dad,


Like the Gospel teaches, honor thy mother and thy father and thy days shall be long and prosperous in this land. First off mom and dad I love you two very much and thank you both for raising me right. Mom I can recall countless times you stayed up with me to make sure assignments were done, papers were typed, I was fed and prepared for a new day when you yourself were having a hard day. Dad the advice you gave me through my life, the talks, our discussions these were words only a father could have passed down to a son. You two counseled me when I was stubborn, but never was there a time when you weren't right. Although we have had rough times and our differences, I know I am not perfect but I also knew I would always have you by my side to take me by the hand and lead me when I had fallen away. For that I am forever grateful, my success and the person I am today is all cause of your immense love for your baby boy. Ill be the first to admit that time after time I would make things hard on you two, yet because you loved me so much you were there with unshakable love and support for me when I did not deserve it. As time passes us by, I sit and think about the days growing up when I thought I had it all; life was easy without a care in the world I was provided for my whole life, and now that I ponder this thought deeper and deeper I realize that it was all made possible through none other than my loving parents, you mom and dad. I see now that the love you parents have for us children is real and true love, one of the most powerful things this world can ever hope to comprehend. Words possibly can not explain my gratitude and how I wish I could make all my mistakes and your burdens disappear but like your love, the past, my past is also unchangeable. The only thing I know to do to make things right is to succeed and make you both proud of the young man you raised. I know that no matter what you will always love me, but I still hope and pray that down the line when push comes to shove and times are hard for you I can be there to take care of you two. To have the opportunity to show you I really care and that I love you more than life itself, because in the end this life would be meaningless without your support and love. Mom and dad I want you to know that your boy still has a lot to learn and I will make my mistakes, but I know that I will always come out on top because of your guidance. So in ending I want to thank you and tell you I love you!!! I could say it a million times and more and you still wouldn't be able to understand my love and gratitude for you both.



Love always your son,
J. Toloa'i Ho Ching III

4 comments:

  1. Hey everyone bare with me, like I said I am not the best writer. I am learning this is really how I feel so if u have negative feed back be gentle cause when it comes to my parents i am really touchy. Thank you for understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I loved reading that! It was so heartfelt and it showed tons of emotion :) Great job, I'm sure your parents will love every syllable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great letter. It is so sincere and I can tell it's from the heart and I know they will be ecstatic to get this type of letter from you especially after sending you off to college.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone I am not use to writing with my feelings but hopefully my parents like it. I wrote it on my mothers birthday ha thank you guys.

    ReplyDelete