Thursday, September 9, 2010

Letter to the Editor (New York Times)

I would like to gift a very big thank you to the author of “Statehouse Gains Could Give G.O.P. Edge on Redistricting. What I liked was that it was informative about a problem in the government without taking an obvious political stance. Redistricting, like many other practices of government is intended for good, but can often me misused. Political parties are often pointing fingers at each other’s wrongdoings, but when both parties are guilty of such heinous acts of dishonesty, the entire nation should be pointing fingers back at them. I am a Republican myself, but this doesn't mean I can't recognize when politicians are taking their power too far. It is important that as a nation, we can understand the dealings of our elected leaders and know when it is necessary to admonish them. I look forward to reading more articles revealing such issues in the future. Thanks again.

-Natalie Bullen, 18, Provo, Utah

3 comments:

  1. I liked how short but to the point your writing is. You expressed your views and points without dragging it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. It doesn't matter what party it is, (I am a republican too) if our elected officials are not listening to the voices of the constituents, they're not doing their job correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great--short, concise, and to the point, which is exactly what it would have to be for the New York Times.

    ReplyDelete