Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BYU rocks!

Dear Catye,

I know BYU is a good five hours from your home, but trust me when I say that it is the coolest university ever. Sure, Dixie State College is closer to home, but if you came to BYU you would be able to move out of your house and live on your own. I know you get upset at your parents for treating you like a child all the time and this is the opportunity that could put some good distance between you all. BYU actually pushes my intellectual limits (in a good way). Honestly, the spiritual environment helps me keep strong and builds up my testimony daily. The students here actually care about their futures and are trying to fulfill their dreams. I can't even begin to explain to you how wonderful this place is! In the honors program here at BYU, I can still have small class sizes, despite the 30,000 student body. There are hundreds of clubs here and too many possible ways to get involved. BYU is the perfect atmosphere for a combination of appropriate fun and study. Anyway, work hard at DSC, get good grades, and transfer over here. You are my best friend in the whole world and I want you to have the best experiences in life. I truly feel that BYU would help you become a wonderful mother and powerful nutritionist. Well,think it over and work hard. Love ya!
Your friend,
C.J.

5 comments:

  1. I think you very effectively used those compliments, whatever her response will be, it can't be against you, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Adam also i think you also were very to the point and concise getting your point across while also having your letter flow. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can connect very well to this, living a good baseball throw away from DSC. BYU is definitely the way to go, and hopefully your friend can see that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this letter! School Spirit! WOO! :D I especially loved how you tied in the spiritual aspect; the spiritual environment has been a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. If I was making a decision between BYU or DSC, I know what I would pick...go cougars!

    ReplyDelete