Thursday, September 9, 2010

Be like Yourself, Self!

Thesis: You, sir, are a madman!

Anti-thesis: You claim to be stark raving sane?

Thesis: Yes, in the sense that I care for your health and wellbeing.

Anti-thesis: I don't need you to watch out for me, I enjoy for the most part staying up late and procrastinating assignments. Sleep is the last thing on my mind.

Thesis: Contrary to what you may believe it is not the last thing on your mind, you think about it every class, wishing you had more sleep, wanting to skip out on the next class to achieve that goal. You've even slept in your car between classes to avoid being too tired to want to pay attention.

Anti-thesis: Why on earth did I ever engage myself in an argument with you...

Thesis: You never really had a choice, I am you and you are me, we are all of us together-er-er.

Anti-thesis: Don't get us lost singing along to a Beatles song, we have no time for that, remember I put this assignment off until today.

Thesis: back to me beating you up and requiring you to have common sense and a desire to improve...You, sir, are a...

Anti-thesis: MADMAN! I know, we've covered this once before. Maybe I should take the offensive here. You, sir, are...I don't quite know what you are if I'm the madman, because you couldn't be entirely sane. We are constructs of the same individual, created to show differing points of view to achieve one synthesis. On another note, I have no idea why our creator would use Hegel after writing a piece with Kierkegaard as his motivation.

Thesis: Perhaps it his sleep deprivation which you tend to enjoy. I believe your existence only came because of that, perhaps we are just a dream, an existence created out of only thought, a meaningless short time. We reside in a box with no movement. Life in a box is better than no life at all.

Anti-thesis: Perhaps he doesn't need more sleep, just less time spent in AP english reading Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. He created two personalities to emulate them and is even giving them lines from the play.

Thesis: How about you tell him to turn off his mind and I'll do the rest, He'll get sleep and we won't have to worry about anything.

Synthesis: To sleep, perchance to dream.

3 comments:

  1. Bold, original, and different. Not something I would have expected for an e-mail, but it works. My only question is, will you actually read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, well I could try hard not to, but it is lodged in my subconscious like a piece of broccoli in teeth.

    ReplyDelete