Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dancing = Emotions

Never have I been a dancer. Not a good one anyway. But there is just something about watching a good dancer or a group of them that awakens me inside. It brings a stir of emotions.

I think dancing is a strong metaphor for many of life's situations. Well, for life really. It's a non-verbal communication from performer to observer; like from a writer to a reader or a speaker to an audience or an athlete to a crowd. They are saying, "Look what I've done: I've created a visual of my inner feelings and I want to extend them to you as well." Well it worked. I caught the vibe. I felt the emotion.

Let me describe to you the feeling after a dance concert, especially this one. It's a feeling of surreal desires to fall in love. Those of you who have already fallen in love must feel the strong emotions of that love being awakened anew. Another emotion felt is that of wanting to improve one's own life and come closer to God. You feel that as a mellow, quiet piece progresses, the performer(s) are moving ahead in their own search for atonement with God. It also gives desires to sing and dance and shout for joy, especially after an enthusiastic, joyful piece of quick-paced,jubilant dancing. Even the feeling of joy that comes after a good laugh is felt in a comedic piece (such as blow up dolls on scooters.)

There are a plethora of emotions and feelings that can be felt at a dance concert; also acknowledging that negative ones can abound in the heart of the disbelieving, the boring, those who have no soul or heart, or the mildly hard of feeling. But we won't focus on those, nor will the many more infinite amount of feelings or emotions be described. Many emotions and feelings were felt, leaving me with the most powerful one of all: Happiness.

4 comments:

  1. B-R-A-V-O! Well written, awesome analysis. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paper like nbullen i agree it was well written. I also like ho you relate dancing to your emotions and life. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually fetl similar to that, afterwards I had a weird feeling like I wanted to be better, I thin after seeing a high-class performance of anything we are often inspired to aspire to something more, that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. We always want to aspire to something more after seeing someone else do so.
    I just re-read my blog and saw some corrections grammatically that I need to make, but the emotions I felt in the dance concert came back when I re-read my blog. That was an awesome feeling.

    ReplyDelete