Monday, October 18, 2010

Worst cake ever

So I actually decided to base my rhetorical analysis on http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com . The blog was really funny, depicting the horrible spelling on many featured cakes for boss's day. Some cakes spelled "you're" as "your", others used the plural "bosses" when it should have been the possessive "boss's", some were possessive instead of plural, and others were just plain hilarious. Throughout the entire blog was commentary meant to appeal to the funny bones of its audience. I feel like the blog is directed towards cake designers, housewives, and basically anyone who wants a good laugh out of fun satire of our country. By choosing cakes as a target, the blog doesn't offend; instead, it allows everyone to laugh at themselves for being bad spellers.

3 comments:

  1. It's really beneficial to laugh at ourselves. I do it quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world could use a little more laughter in life :) I'm glad you wrote about this because sometimes when I look back at text messages, I laugh at silly spelling errors I've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny! I just noticed your picture! I think I'm gonna put one on mine too :)

    C.J. I think laughing at ourselves is the best form of laughter ever! Think of America's Funniest Home Videos or those practical joke shows. They're hilarious! The same goes with this site; I too am writing about it but will disagree with you on the "offending" part. I wouldn't show a few of the cakes and the comments to my grandmother; she would not approve. I may have browsed it a little more in depth than you though.

    ReplyDelete