Monday, October 25, 2010

a very short draft of ideas that arent very well put together right now, just like the title

To you, my fellow football enthusiasts, we stand in perilous times. The game we know and love is on the verge of changing and becoming something horrible that was very similar to 7th grade P.E. “football” where everyone has to touch the ball, where you can’t run fast, or even look intimidating. The world of hard, fast, violent hits is in jeopardy. I would like to ask you, why did you get into football? Was it the chess match between teams? Did you do it for the exercise? Did you like the better view of the game instead of sitting in the stands? I would like to say unequivocally, that the answer to all of that is a big NO! You joined for the hits, for the intensity and for the action. It’s like Louie Lastek in Remember the Titans said “I figure if I have to be in school, I might as well hit some people while I’m at it.

The NFL (No Fun League, I mean the National Football League) is cracking down on big hits. First and foremost, I believe in safety and that human life is important, but football isn’t football if you don’t have hits. No one was forced to play football. It was a choice that you consciously made. You knew your body would be on the line. Three major hits on Sunday, October 17th have caused the league to reexamine the rules. Our game could evolve and change even more in our eyes. Little 8 year olds in pop warner league will have to change now, so that in 15 years, they can follow the new league rules. The current players, who play physical will be severely handicapped compared to previous domination.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished a midterm that took about 3 hours of writing and 2,000-3,000 words. My brain is fried and this was the best I could do so quickly. Think of it as a 0 draft with lots of ideas that need developing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A decent start. A long way to go before you've met the criteria, but you're on the right track.

    ReplyDelete