Monday, October 18, 2010

Cake Wrecks - When Professional Cakes Go Horrible, Hilariously Wrong

Cake wrecks is a hilariously formatted blog that is directed to more mature audiences that want a really hard laugh while they kill time in-between homework assignments. That’s exactly what I did when I had this site open on my computer. I did a question on my homework…and read a blog, continuing the pattern until I had read a fair amount of “research” (yes..that’s how I rationalized it). I concluded after laughing out loud on several occasions that I would definitely do this for my rhetorical analysis. The audience – from the comment section – range from college students, to people “that read it at work when no one is watching”; but generally the comments are just relating to the writer how funny the post is or sharing a similar situation they had encountered. Surprisingly, one section I found fun to read was the FAQ’s. There is humor throughout the site and I laughed hard at some of the links they posted on the FAQ’s; read it when you get the chance. The writer’s purpose is to show how professional baking can go horribly wrong by giving examples of: spelling errors(a recent spelling of the singular possessive form of “boss”), weird decorations, or strange (and sometimes hilariously crude) interpretations of cake decorating. These examples all have overwhelming diction where the writer uses logic and diction to catch the readers eye and bring the horrible but hilarious situation into perspective.The photo itself means nothing, but the writing along with the photo left me with a giant grin on my face :)


P.S. I was going to put a example picture...but couldn't pick one! So just go on the site and see for yourself. It's on the example paper!

4 comments:

  1. You make me want to read this...and I will after commenting enough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Skyler's comment. But I need to finish other assignments.

    Your own enthusiasm for the articles shows through as you explained the blog and its audiences. And you explained it all well. I am still a little hazy on exactly what else we might be lacking with this part of the assignment, so I have little else to say.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oopsie! I wrote diction twice...in the same sentence. Oh well...just a quick write and draft. But still go to the site and read it! It's sooooooo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, you are a very entertaining writer, I think it helps that you never seem to write about things you don't feel strongly about. I don't know, I think that the use of the smart-person word "diction" multiple times makes you seem really smart, not just anyone can throw that word around, you know.

    ReplyDelete