Monday, October 18, 2010

Dove Paragraph

I chose an article from the Dove Website called “Dressing where you want to be.” Because not many boys would be on the Dove website, the audience is women, working women. The rhetorical situation is that some ladies do not know how to dress for success. They don’t where the clothes that will earn them respect in the workplace. The article poses the importance of dressing up for work, and what is considered “dressing up.” I’m guessing the age of the women it’s targeting is middle age women since young girls don’t care too much about wrinkles, (Dove sells anti-aging creams and such) and older women are past the point to being saved.

6 comments:

  1. when I wrote "where" I meant wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understood. I like how you mentioned the whole gender attraction. I think different rhetorical devices work more effectively on the female rather than the male.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are good assumptions, and pretty concise. I don't know though, it seems like some pretty old ladies still get into that kind of stuff. They don't seem to think they're past the point of being saved...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how yours was very short and simple and to the point! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it, but I have on suggestion. In the sentence that reads "the audience is women, working women" try it like "the audience is women -- working women". Although hopefully it will look correct unlike what I've just typed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously laughed at "past the point of being saved". I might contextualize the article a bit more... Why do you think a bath and body product is releasing articles on dressing? To maybe create a feeling of a forum of life types so they are more inclined to buy the company's products? Do you think it works? I find it interesting the public's need for communities to help them but maybe women especially are easy "targets" haha.

    ReplyDelete